Seminar: Combatting long-term unemployment among immigrants
Tiistai 25.10.2022 klo 9.00 – 10.30
Norfic Welfare Centre
Nordic Welfare Centre is holding a seminar to launch the Nordic report Combatting long-term unemployment among immigrants. The seminar takes place 25 October 2022 at 9:00-10.30 CET in Stockholm, Sweden or online.
Time: 25 October 2022 at 9:00-10.30 CET
Place: Posthuset Conference Centre, Vasagatan 28, Stockholm, Sweden or online
The seminar presents the results from a new study on immigrants’ labour market integration in the Nordic countries in the aftermath of the pandemic. The report highlights a number of concrete learnings that can be used as a ‘checklist’ by policy makers, employers, and education providers in supporting long-term unemployed immigrants.
- Nora Sánchez Gassen, Senior Research Fellow and Åsa Ström Hildestrand, Head of Communications, Nordregio, Editors of the report
- Björk Håkansson, Head of International Department at the Directorate of Labour, Iceland
- Government official, Sweden (TBC)
- Camilla Sbeihi, Project Manager, KHRS Academy, Denmark
- Kaisa Kepsu, Senior adviser, Nordic Welfare Centre
The discussion is moderated by Anna Jungner-Nordgren, Senior Advisor in International and Nordic Affairs, the Swedish Assembly of Finland.
Read more and register to the seminar by 24 October
Kaisa Kepsu, Senior Adviser, Nordic Welfare Centre, [email protected]
Helena Lagercrantz, Senior Communications Manager, Nordregio, [email protected]
Kohderyhmät: julkinen hallinto, kunnat, valtionhallinto, yliopistot ja korkeakoulut, järjestöt ja yhteisöt, hyvinvointialueet