Description of the processing of personal data when contact details are submitted to for guidance and counselling services.
Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment (Business ID: 2160307-0)
PO Box 32, FI-00023 Government
Telephone +358 29 516001, e-mail [email protected]
Contact information of the Data Protection Officer: [email protected]
Guidance and counselling services for immigrants, which have submitted their data for publication and details of their contact persons will be registered in the register of guidance and counselling services.
Purpose and legal basis of the processing of personal data
Personal data is processed on the basis of the data subject’s consent, in order to comply with the data controller’s statutory obligations and/or for the exercise of official authority vested in the controller, for example: To update the list of information on guidance and counselling services and to manage related communications, marketing, contacts, reporting and other interaction.
If the data subject does not provide the information needed for the publication of the summary of contact details for the guidance and counselling services, the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment cannot accept the contact details of the data subject.
Personal data will only be used for pre-defined purposes such as:
- Reporting and communicating about the contact list of guidance and counselling services and related changes
- Targeting of material, inquiries and feedback related to the contact information list of guidance and counselling
- Meeting the accounting obligations of the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment as well as EU obligations
Data to be stored in the register
The contact information register for guidance and counselling services contains information on municipal guidance and counselling services and their contact persons:
- first and last name
- contact information
- name and contact details of the guidance and counselling service
Necessary information related to the use of contact information list, such as:
- the language offering in use
- website of the guidance and counselling service or similar additional information online
The following systems may be used to collect data for the guidance and counselling services: Webropol, Questback and email.
As a rule, the information is collected using a form published in the kotoutuminen.fi web service.
Rights of data subjects
Data subjects have the right to:
- request the controller for access to their personal data and to check such data.
- ask that incorrect data on them be corrected. In such a case, the request must specify what information is incorrect, and why and how it should be changed. The controller must rectify the mistake without undue delay. The request must be submitted to the controller in writing.
- restrict processing. If the data subject has indicated that his or her data are incorrect, they have the right to request that the processing be restricted until the accuracy of the data is verified;
- withdraw consent. When the processing of personal data is based on consent, the data subject has the right to withdraw his or her consent at any time. After that, the personal data will not be processed unless there is some other legal basis for doing so.
- request the erasure of data. The data subject has the right to have his or her personal data erased. This right does not apply to the personal data that the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment needs in order to perform its statutory responsibilities.
- lodge a complaint to the supervisory authority on the processing of personal data if he or she considers that the data has not been processed appropriately. The Data Protection Ombudsman’s contact details can be found at https://tietosuoja.fi/en/home
Regular disclosure of data
The name and contact details of the those submitting the contact details of guidance and counselling services will not be disclosed outside the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment without the consent of the data subject unless the Ministry is obliged to disclose the information under a provision binding on the Ministry.
In other cases, data may be disclosed on the basis of the Act on the Openness of Government Activities, the EU General Data Protection Regulation, and other applicable legislation (such as the Act on Discretionary Government Transfers), and decisions will be made and disclosures carried out by the unit in responsible for the contact information list.
Storage of data
Data is protected by technical means. Personal data will be stored for as long as it is necessary for registering the person as a contact person and for enabling contacts with the person, as well as for ensuring compliance with the legislation binding on the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment.
The data will be deleted or replaced with the data of a new contact person if the contact person no longer acts as the contact person for the guidance and counselling service for which they have submitted the information. The data controller retains the right to include the number and organisation of the contact persons in separate statistics.
Recipients or categories of recipients of personal data
The Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment as the controller is responsible for the personal data in the register. If necessary, persons responsible for the registration software may process personal data as a third party. Agreements have been signed with third parties regarding the processing of personal data. The data in the guidance and counselling services register are processed by specialists from the Labour Migration and Integration Unit of the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment as well as persons responsible for updating the kotoutuminen.fi online service. Register data can be shared within the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment.
Transfer of data outside the EU
Your data is not transferred outside of the EU or the EEA. If, by way of exception, a partner for implementing the contact information list of guidance and counselling services is from outside the EU or the EEA, information on delivering the data to such partners will be provided to the contact persons separately.