Description of the processing of personal data in connection with the registration to the integration partnership programme.
Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment
(Business ID: 2160307-0)
PO Box 32, FI-00023 GOVERNMENT
tel. +358 29 51 6001,
email [email protected]
Data protection officer’s contact details: tietosuojavastaava.tem(at)gov.fi
The organisations and their contact persons registered for the partnership programme are recorded in the partnership programme register.
Purpose of and legal bases for the processing of personal data
Personal data is processed on the basis of the consent provided by the data subject to the controller, in order to fulfil the statutory obligations of the controller and/or in order to exercise the official authority vested in the controller, for example, in taking care of the partnership programme communications, marketing, contacts, reporting and other communication.
If the data subject fails to deliver the information required for the partnership programme registration, the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment cannot accept the registration to the partnership programme.
Personal data is only processed for purposes defined in advance, for example, for:
- Communicating and announcing the integration partnership programme
- Targeting the material, questionnaire and feedback related to the partnership programme
- Organising and marketing events related to the partnership programme
- Fulfilling the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment’s accounting obligations and EU obligations.
The data stored in the register
The partnership programme register contains information concerning the organisations or their projects, contact persons of the organisations as well as information of private people:
- first and last name
- contact information
- name and contact information of the organisation.
Provided necessary information related to the partnership programme, such as:
- target group of the operations
- theme of the operations.
The following systems may be used to collect the information for the partnership programme register: Webropol, Questback and email.
As a rule, the information is collected using the form published on the integration.fi website.
Rights of the data subject
Data subjects have the right to:
- request access to their personal data from the controller or check which information concerning them has been stored in the register.
- request for rectification of incorrect data concerning them in the register. Upon request, the data subject must identify which data is incorrect, state the reasons for the incorrect information and tell how it should be changed. The controller must rectify the information without undue delay. The request must be submitted to the controller in writing.
- restrict the processing. If the data subject has reported that their information is incorrect, the data subject has the right to request the restricting of the processing of their personal data until the accuracy of the information is confirmed.
- withdraw their consent. When processing personal data on the basis of consent, the data subject has the right, at any time, withdraw their consent, after which the personal data will not be processed unless there is legal basis for the processing.
- request the erasure of their personal data. The data subject has the right to request the erasure of their personal data in the register. This right does not concern the personal data required by the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment’s statutory duties.
- lodge a complaint on the processing of the personal data with the Data Protection Ombudsman, if the data subject deems that the processing of their personal data has been inappropriate. The contact information of the Data Protection Ombudsman is available on the Data Protection Ombudsman’s website: www.tietosuoja.fi
Regular disclosure of data
The name and contact information of the person registered to the partnership programme will not be disclosed to parties outside the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment without the data subject’s consent, unless the ministry is obliged to disclose the information in accordance with the legislation binding on the ministry. As an exception, the names and contact information of those who have registered for partnership program may be disclosed to the contact persons of the ELY centers' within partnership program. The information will be disclosed for program communications only.
Other data disclosures are implemented in accordance with the Act on the Openness of Government Activities, the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation and other applicable legislation (such as the Act on Discretionary Government Transfers) and decided and disclosed by the unit in charge of the partnership programme.
Storing of data
The data is stored in a technically secure manner. The personal data is retained as long as it is necessary to enable the person to register as a contact person and carry out related communication as well as to ensure the implementation of the legislation binding of the Minis-try of Economic Affairs and Employment. The data will be erased or replaced with the information of a new contact person, if the person no longer acts as the contact person for the reported organisation in the integration partnership programme. The controller reserves the right to record the number and organisation of the contacts persons participated in the partnership programme in a separate statistics.
Recipients or recipient groups of personal data
The Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment is, as a controller, responsible for the personal data included in the register. If necessary, personal data may be processed by the persons in charge of the registration applications as third parties. The processing of personal data is agreed in data processing agreements signed with the third parties. The data in the partnership programme register is processed by the persons responsible for the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment’s integration partnership programme and for the kotouttaminen.fi website updates. The data in the register may be shared inside the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment as well as between the key stakeholders of the partnership programme.
Data transfers outside the EU
Data will not be transferred outside the EU or the EEA, unless it is necessary, for example, in events related to the partnership programme. If a partnership programme partner is exceptionally outside the EU or the EEA countries, data disclosure to this partner will be separately reported to the contact person.